When it comes to renting out a property, it is important to have a written agreement in place to protect both the landlord and the tenant. Short-term tenancy agreements, also known as month-to-month agreements or lease agreements, are a popular option for both parties. They provide flexibility and can be easily terminated with proper notice.
If you are a landlord looking for a free template for a short-term tenancy agreement, you have come to the right place. We have put together a comprehensive template that covers all the important aspects of renting out a property, while still allowing you to customize it to suit your specific needs.
Here`s what you need to know about our free template for a short-term tenancy agreement:
1. Length of the agreement: Our template covers agreements that last for one month or more, but less than one year. If you need to extend the agreement, you can do so by drafting a new one.
2. Rent and deposit: The template includes a section on rent and deposit, outlining the amount due, the due date, and the consequences of late payment or non-payment. You can customize this section to reflect your specific terms.
3. Maintenance and repairs: This section outlines the responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant when it comes to maintaining the property. It covers everything from minor repairs to major renovations.
4. Termination of the agreement: Our template includes a section on how the agreement can be terminated by either party. This includes notice periods and any fees that may be due.
5. Other provisions: Finally, our template includes a section on other provisions that you may want to include in your agreement. This can cover anything from pets to smoking to subletting.
Overall, our free template for a short-term tenancy agreement is a valuable resource for landlords looking to rent out their property. By using our template as a starting point, you can customize your agreement to meet your specific needs. This will help protect both you and your tenant, and ensure a positive renting experience for all involved.